Our aims in teaching Art and Design at Wellow Primary School are that all children will build upon their natural pleasure in visual communication to:
· Find enjoyment in creating art and see themselves as artists.
· Find achievement and fulfilment through artistic expression.
· Develop skills using a range of materials and techniques.
· Express feelings and ideas through imaginative creative work in 2 and 3 dimensions.
· Record and study their surroundings analytically.
· Develop an artistic vocabulary to enable them to discuss and understand their own and others work.
· Appreciate and evaluate the work of a variety of artists from their own and other cultures and periods of time
Art Learning and Curriculum
Teaching Safeguarding through Design & Technology
At Wellow, through our curriculum we support children to…
- understand that all art should be respected and valued
- that everyone can be an artist, everyone has a different opinion of what is ‘good art’
- accept that the outcome might not be as expected and to
maintain a positive mind-set
- celebrating success with positive praise
- to reflect and making choices including accepting reflections from others
- accept and recognise the differences of the human form and viewing life drawing with respect