Our aims in teaching Art and Design at Wellow Primary School are that all children will build upon their natural pleasure in visual communication to:
· Find enjoyment in creating art and see themselves as artists.
· Find achievement and fulfilment through artistic expression.
· Develop skills using a range of materials and techniques.
· Express feelings and ideas through imaginative creative work in 2 and 3 dimensions.
· Record and study their surroundings analytically.
· Develop an artistic vocabulary to enable them to discuss and understand their own and others work.
· Appreciate and evaluate the work of a variety of artists from their own and other cultures and periods of time