Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
I would recommend watching from the Set 1 Word Time. Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
This week, we will be recapping our learning of Counting to 6,7 and 8.
- Provide your child with a range of loose objects, such as beads, blocks, pasta etc and their ten frame. Ask your child to count out 6 objects and place them onto their ten frame. What do they notice? Do the same for 7 & 8. Do they notice a pattern? Does it matter where the items are placed in the ten frame? Why?
- Now give your child their part whole model and 8 items. How can you make 8? Can you show me? Can you show me a different way? Encourage your child to record their findings in their Home Learning Book as a number sentence i.e. 4+4=8. You can help them with recording.
- For an extra challenge, do the same for 6 and 7.
- Quick Maths: Sing 10 Green bottles, counting back from 10 to 0. Show fingers to match.
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: are
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you. Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. Where are the Easter eggs? Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
It's Show & Tell Friday, look at and watch messages from all of your friends via Tapestry.
This week it is our favourite cuddly toys!
School Games Personal Challenge
- Pri.Schs - Get involved - Info.pdf
- Pri.Schs - How to Record Your Scores.pdf
- Week 4 - Primary Challenge.pdf
For detailed information, tutorials and more use this link: