Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- I would recommend watching from the Set 1 Word Time. Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
- Try to complete an Animal Mosaic. Use the following link and try one of the other mosaics. Have you found a new sound? Which animal did you make? https://primarysite-prod-sorted.s3.amazonaws.com/wellow-primary-school/UploadedDocument/436672d45dd04dd9b1652efa74d34107/t-l-52313-phase-3-phonics-animal-mosaics-activity-pack_ver_2.pdf
This week we will be recapping Counting to 9 and 10.
- Complete the following into your Home Learning book. Use your ten frame to help.
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: were
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you.
- Write the word three time. Can you circle your best one?
- Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. The children were noisy.
- Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
- Can you draw a picture of you and your family. Have you got any pets?
- Once you have finished your picture can you label who everyone is?
- How many people are in your picture? Who is the tallest? Who is the shortest?