Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- If your child is not a confident sound spotter, encourage your child to sit for the word time and spelling lessons of both Set 1 & Set 2. (Most children should now be confident with Set 1 and will only require recapping Set 2 Sounds.)
- With a pen and paper at the ready, ask your child to join in and write the words. They will then tick each sound and see if they are right.
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/flash-cards?phase=3
- Choose option 6.
- Say the sounds, let your adult select correct 'yes' or 'no' to move the pirate ship.
- Have a second go. Can you beat your score?
- Challenge: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/tricky-trucks?phase=3
- Choose the Phase 3 option and then choose tricky words from the options.
- What is your best score?
This week, we will be recapping the formation of our One Armed Robot letters.
This can be written into the Home Learning books, or alternatively, a print out of the letters (pages 9 to 12) can be found here: https://primarysite-prod-sorted.s3.amazonaws.com/wellow-primary-school/UploadedDocument/71ecb3a914624f4f8f39f15c80089a71/handwriting.pdf
Which letters have you found tricky this week? Have another go at writing them. Can you form them correctly? Can you write out the words? Remember your ascenders and descenders. Where does your letter sit on the line? Where do you start your letter? Can you think of words using this letter?
This week will be exploring patterns, making simple patterns to start with and then moving onto more complex ones toward the end of the week.
- Look at the following picture. Can you see the pattern? What can you see? Say the pattern aloud.
- Are the patterns different? Why? How do you know? Remember our special word: because
- Look at the picture below.
- Find similar objects or some of your own to make your own pattern. Can you draw a pattern with the objects above?
Spellings - Red Words
Today, I would like you to play a game of pairs.
- Place all your cards face down on a table.
- One player takes a go to turn over two cards.
Say the red word as you turn them over. Do they match?
- If they do, remove them and make a pile in front of you.
- If they don't, turn them back over.
- Second player has a go. Can they find a pair?
Tip: Remember where all the words are to make your pair!
- Continue until all pairs are found.
- The player with the most wins!
This week we have thought about People Who Help Us and where they work.
- Today, I would like you to draw a picture of on of our heroes. It could be a fireman, doctor, nurse or policeman etc. Think about their clothing. What equipment might they carry?
- Draw your picture and then add labels. Can you give your hero a name?
- Take a photo of your hero for Tapestry. It will be lovely for Miss Downs and I to see your work.