Geography provokes and answers questions about the natural and human worlds. It is a focus within the curriculum for developing cultural awareness, understanding and resolving issues about the environment and recognising the importance of sustainable development. It can inspire children to think about their own place in the world, their values, and their rights and responsibilities to other people and the environment.
We aim to:
Develop a broad geographical and cultural awareness in children of globally significant places.
- Provide opportunities for children to undertake geographical enquiry and skills by investigating and expressing their own views about people, places and environments, both in and outside the classroom.
- Enable children to communicate their view points in a variety of ways using appropriate vocabulary.
- Encourage children to collect and analyse evidence and draw conclusions.
- Explore a range of sources of information.
- Foster enjoyment, satisfaction and curiosity for finding out about places, patterns and processes.