From the 20th April, new Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
This week, we will be recapping our learning of Counting to 6,7 and 8.
- Watch the following episode of Numberblocks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6oeLjnM8Cw Talk to your child about the episode. What did they see? How was 6 made? Can you think of more ways to make six?
- Sing the following song with your child, as they count encourage use of fingers.
I am an ant. Let's count my legs. I've got 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6. SIX!
I am an ant. I've got six legs!
I am a spider. Let's count my legs. I've got 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6, 7 and 8. Eight!
I am a spider. I've got eight legs!
- In your Home Learning Book, can you make a list of things with 4 legs, 6 legs and eight legs?
- Which animals have 4 legs? How many legs does a spider have? Can you think of more animals to sing about? Do any animals have 3, 5 or 7 legs? Why? Which has more legs, a spider or an ant?
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: was
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you. Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. The boy was sad. Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
Show and Tell Friday's. As a regular communication for all the children, I would like to send out a class Show & Tell via Tapestry. To do this, I invite all children this week to find their favourite cuddly toy (two max) and either record a short video or take a picture and write a few words to share why this is their favourite. Can these be emailed to me by Wednesday please at; email@example.com
Here is my example:
This is Spot the Dog & Teddy Bill. They are very old now as I have had them since I was a baby! My Dad gave me the teddy, it is just like his. They have travelled the world with me but now look after some of my other old toys at home.
School Games Personal Challenge
For detailed information, tutorials and more use this link: