Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- I would recommend watching from the Set 1 Word Time. Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
- Practice your special friends of qu,ch,sh,th & ng with the following game:
This week we will be recapping Counting to 9 and 10.
- Watch the following Numberblocks video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22l9I44rgic
- Discuss with your child what they saw in the episode. How was 9 made? What is the same between 4 and 9? Can you draw 4 and 9?
- Using your part whole model, practice making 9. Here is one to help:
- Can you find all the number bonds of 9? Is there a pattern? As one side gets smaller does the other get larger?
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: so
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you.
- Write the word three time. Can you circle your best one?
- Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. It is so sunny today.
- Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
- Music plays a big part of our daily routine at school, whether it be during phonics or maths or simply our lining up and end of day song. Why not ask your child to sing them to you? Follow the link below to some of the activities from BBC Bitesize.
- Can you make your own musical instrument from your recycling?
Don't forget to share them on Tapestry.