Welcome to Woodlands Class
Further to the message sent via Tapestry,
Here is a list of further websites to support practise and learning at home, please copy and paste these links into your browser:
- https://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/ - interactive activities covering a whole range of subjects and year groups
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - huge treasure trove of activities that cover a whole range of subjects. Also holds links to games etc that are hosted by other sites.
- http://www.pobble365.com/ - a new picture is shared each day to provoke discussion, debate or writing ideas.
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ - a huge range of different subjects and focuses, arguably the best host of any resource you could need. Have offered a free account in the result of school closures.
- https://www.weareteachers.com/free-online-learning-resources/ - lots of specific links to different sites that offer free resources or learning platforms.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize - huge range of different resources and information broken down into Key Stages and year groups.
- https://tpet.co.uk/ - free online resource packs.
- https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html – free online home workbooks
- https://www.learningladders.info – online resources
- https://2simple.com/ - EYFS/KS1 range of resources
- https://spellingframe.co.uk/ - spelling activities with specialist resources for each year group.
- https://subscribe.firstnews.co.uk/free-downloadable-issue/ - free online digital download of a specialist children’s newspaper.
- https://lindsaylittleson.co.uk/home/resources/ - free resources linked to the books of Lindsay Littleson including The Titanic Detective Agency and Guardians of the Wild Unicorns.
- http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/ - vast online store of animated comic strips tracking legends and myths from across the world.
- https://thereadingrealm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/The-Nature-and-Animal-Realm-1.pdf - downloadable reading activity pack.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ - free online books – brilliant if you can’t get to the library
- https://www.getepic.com – digital library for children up to 12
- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html - a large range of free videos and short films that are then supported by questions and tasks underneath
- https://www.oliverjeffers.com/ - author will be reading a book every weekday at 6pm
- – newspacks for children
- https://pobble.com – writing resources
- https://www.nessy.com – structured literacy resources
- https://parallel.org.uk/ - free online maths problems, more focussed at older children.
- https://mathsticks.com/my/ - online resources and print offs with specifically broken down key stage focuses.
- https://masterthecurriculum.co.uk/ - free online range of activities broken down into year groups and levels including Greater Depth
- https://www.mathshed.com – useful rang of maths resources for KS1 & 2
- https://www.numbots.com – addition and subtraction activities
- - very useful suite of arithmetic and problem solving resources
- https://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/learning-activities/science/ - lots of science subject areas covered with resources specifically designed for primary age children. (Other subjects are also available on this site).
- https://groweatgift.com/2017/06/14/30-ways-to-go-wild-with-science/ - lots of different and fun science activities you can do in the house or garden
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ - lots of online videos that help keep children active inside and also teach mindfulness and medidation
- https://www.typingclub.com/ - online programme for teaching and developing touch typing
- https://groweatgift.com/2017/06/12/30-ways-to-get-creative-for-30-days-wild/ - different activity ideas that involve creating or engaging with different things in your house or garden
February - Welcome back!
Spring is finally on it’s way and during this half term we will be visiting the Glade, watching the environment come to life! As well as plenty of outdoor activities, our topic work will include looking after caterpillars and chicks!
The children will continue to develop their number knowledge; specifically their number bonds to ten. Here are a few images of some of their independent work...we’ve only been back one day! Great work Team Woodlands 😀
December - An Act of Kindness
Woodlands Class have had a fantastic first term. As well as learning their first phonic sounds and the foundations of maths, the children have been learning to work collaboratively, show kindness and build resilience. Recently they have enjoyed opening a Kindness Advent Calendar and linking to our ‘Superheroes’ topic, produced a card to say Thank You to some of our unsung heroes in school; the Kitchen Staff.
Well done Team Woodlands.
October - Autumn Checklist
Woodlands Class have been showing curiosity about the environment around us. They have been learning to understand the seasons; looking closely at similarities, differences, patterns and change.
The class thoroughly enjoyed an Autumn Hunt, where they completed a checklist of all the things we found on the School Field and in the Glade.
September - Hand Hygiene
Today, Woodlands Class were visited by our School Nurse team.
The children had a very important mission, to become Germ Busters!
The team spoke about why it was important and when to wash our hands, as well as showing the children how germs spread from coughs and sneezes and even by just handling toys.
The children then then watched a video called Wash Your Hands
As a few of us are already suffering with coughs and colds, let’s hope we can bust those germs!
We hope that you have had a fantastic summer break and are excited to start school on Monday.
We really enjoyed coming to see you at your homes last week, and thank you for making us feel so welcome. We have completed the finishing touches to the classroom and are very excited to welcoming you to Woodlands Class.