Our school kitchen is managed by HC3S. HC3S is the largest provider of school meals in Hampshire, supplying hot and cold nutritional meals to 445 primary schools across the county. HC3S also supplies 3 schools in Dorset and 11 in Wiltshire. Everything is cooked in our own kitchen by Mr Richard Smith and his team, who have been awarded the highest grade of 5* for hygiene and food standards by Test Valley Borough Council.
School meals cost £2.50 for KS2 children.
In consultation with the Primary and Secondary Resources Group in September 2021, agreement has been given to increase the school meal price for HC3S to £2.60 from Monday 25 April 2022. The school meal price was last increased in November 2020 and has been kept at that level throughout 2021 to assist parents during the pandemic.
Free School Meals
All children in Key Stage 1 will be entitled to Universal Free School Meals from September 2014.
KS2 Eligibility Free school meals are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs1
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
Applying for free school meals
There is a new online service, where you can check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else. To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child’s name, date of birth and school
Please note that by following the link below to the online free school meals eligibility checking service, you are leaving Hampshire County Council’s website. The data you enter on the screen will be used to process your request.