From the 20th April, new Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
This week, we will be recapping our learning of Counting to 6,7 and 8.
- Which picture is the odd one out?
- Can you count the items in each picture? Which is different? How do you know?
- What does odd one out mean?
- Which picture do you think is the odd one out? Why?
- Is the ladybird the odd one out? Why?
- Could the flowers be the odd one out (because they are not animals)?
- Create your own odd one out game.
- Give your child a piece of paper split into four sections. Children collect or draw items to put in each section. They could use toy animals or groups of items in each section to represent numbers to eight i.e. 6 pencils, 6 cars, 6 rubbers, 7 pieces of pasta. Can you identify the odd one out? Now change the amounts slightly, can your child find the odd one out?
- Counting to 10: https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/underwater-counting
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: all
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you. Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. I eat all my porridge. Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
Where is Elmer?
Can you draw a picture of Elmer at this very famous world landmark? Can you add your own labels to the picture?
School Games Personal Challenge
- Pri.Schs - Get involved - Info.pdf
- Pri.Schs - How to Record Your Scores.pdf
- Week 4 - Primary Challenge.pdf
For detailed information, tutorials and more use this link: