Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
I would recommend watching from the Set 1 Word Time. Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
This weeks focus is numeral formation and accurate counting.
- Counting on in 1s. Use the following BBC Bitesize link to further practice counting.
- Make your own number line 0-10. Get 10 pieces of paper or post it notes and use your number knowledge to write out your own number line. Can you remember how to form each numeral? Once you have finished making your number line, find things from around the house to represent the number i.e. 4 teddies by the number 4. Take a photo of your completed number line to share on Tapestry.
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: have
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you. Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. Can I have some please? Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
During our topic Elmer Travels the world, we spoke about the United Kingdom and her countries. This fun activity from BBC Bitesize builds on that knowledge with some videos and fun activities. There are some funky facts from GoJetters; something we enjoyed in class! The UK: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zdq6t39
School Games Personal Challenge
- Pri.Schs - Get involved - Info.pdf
- Pri.Schs - How to Record Your Scores.pdf
- Wk 5 Primary Physical Activity Challenges.pdf
For detailed information, tutorials and more use this link: