Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- I would recommend watching from the Set 1 Word Time. Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
- Try to complete an Animal Mosaic. Use the following link and try one of the other mosaics. Have you found a new sound? Which animal did you make? https://primarysite-prod-sorted.s3.amazonaws.com/wellow-primary-school/UploadedDocument/436672d45dd04dd9b1652efa74d34107/t-l-52313-phase-3-phonics-animal-mosaics-activity-pack_ver_2.pdf
This week we will be recapping Counting to 9 and 10.
- Watch the following Numberblocks video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oEZc2Deeqc
- Discuss with your child what they saw in the episode. How was 10 made? How many 1s make 10? How many tens is ten? (1 ten)
- Look at the following picture:
- How many buttons are there? Use your tens frame to help if you need it.
- Do the pictures show the same or different? Why? How do you know?
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: come
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you.
- Write the word three time. Can you circle your best one?
- Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. Will you come to my party?
- Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
- Can you remember listening to Goldilocks and the Three Bears? If not, remind yourself by using last weeks link.
- How do you think Goldilocks felt after breaking the chair and eating their porridge? What would you do if you upset someone? What would you say?
- Today, I would like you to write a letter for Goldilocks to say sorry to the Three Bears. Think very carefully at what Goldilocks might write. Maybe write some words to help you i.e. sorry, breaking. A template for the letter is below, but see if you can make your own.