Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- If your child is not a confident sound spotter, encourage your child to sit for the word time and spelling lessons of both Set 1 & Set 2. (Most children should now be confident with Set 1 and will only require recapping Set 2 Sounds.)
- With a pen and paper at the ready, ask your child to join in and write the words. They will then tick each sound and see if they are right.
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/flash-cards?phase=3
- Choose option 6.
- Say the sounds, let your adult select correct 'yes' or 'no' to move the pirate ship.
- Have a second go. Can you beat your score?
- Challenge: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/tricky-trucks?phase=3
- Choose the Phase 3 option and then choose tricky words from the options.
- What is your best score?
This week, we will be recapping the formation of our One Armed Robot letters.
This can be written into the Home Learning books, or alternatively, a print out of the letters (pages 9 to 12) can be found here: https://primarysite-prod-sorted.s3.amazonaws.com/wellow-primary-school/UploadedDocument/71ecb3a914624f4f8f39f15c80089a71/handwriting.pdf
Today we will be concentrating on letter p. Can you form them correctly? Can you write out the words? Remember your ascenders and descenders. Where does your letter sit on the line? Where do you start your letter?
This week will be exploring patterns, making simple patterns to start with and then moving onto more complex ones toward the end of the week.
- Talk about the following picture with your child. Can they see a pattern? What shapes are there? How many castles? How many buckets? What would Matilda build next?
- Can you make your own repeating pattern using the same sequence? Either take a photo for Tapestry or record your work in your own learning book.
Spellings - Red Words
- Let's play a game of snap!
- Share out your red words with your adult or sibling.
- Place one card at a time down into pile.
- Say the word as you place it down.
- Say snap if you make a pair.
- Continue until a player runs out of words.
- Who is the winner?!
Taken from the Oak National Academy Online Classroom:
In this lesson, we will learn about the different places that people who help us work in. We will then use construction resources to build a representation of a building where people who help us work.