From the 20th April, new Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
This week, we will be recapping our learning of Counting to 6,7 and 8.
- Watch the following episode of Numberblocks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj0gNnqBQJA Talk to your child about the episode. What did they see? How was 7 made? Can you think of more ways to make seven? Use your part whole model to help.
- Encourage your child to sort collections of objects into groups of 7 or not 7. Compare quantities to 7. How could they check to see if there are more than or less than 7 objects?
- Can you complete the following stem sentences? Write the following sentences into your child's Home Learning book and allow them to complete them. For those able to, allow your child to write a few.
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: you
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you. Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. How are you? Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
Home Learning with BBC Bitesize: Importance of Friendships
School Games Personal Challenge
- Pri.Schs - Get involved - Info.pdf
- Pri.Schs - How to Record Your Scores.pdf
- Week 4 - Primary Challenge.pdf
For detailed information, tutorials and more use this link: