Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
I would recommend watching from the Set 1 Word Time. Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
This weeks focus is numeral formation and accurate counting.
- Practise forming numerals 4, 5, 6 correctly.
- Can you write each number ten times? Which one have you formed the best? Put a circle round that number.
- Counting with Rodd: https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/class-clips-video/maths-ks1-counting-down-from-10/zb4kjhv
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: her
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you. Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. She liked her sandwich. Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
Design your own "super bear".
School Games Personal Challenge
- Pri.Schs - Get involved - Info.pdf
- Pri.Schs - How to Record Your Scores.pdf
- Wk 5 Primary Physical Activity Challenges.pdf
For detailed information, tutorials and more use this link: