Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- I would recommend watching from the Set 1 Word Time. Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
- Practice your sounds of f,ff,l,ll,ss with the following game:
This week we will be recapping Counting to 9 and 10.
- Using counters (or coins) and your tens frames, count how many items there are in this picture.
- How many containers are there in the picture? What different items can you see? Can you count the shells by pointing to each one as you count? How might a tens frame help us count?
- Record your answers in your Home Learning book i.e. 9 shells.
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: do
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you.
- Write the word three time. Can you circle your best one?
- Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. I can do that too!
- Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
- As part of the ELG: Managing Feelings & Behaviour, watch the following https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zjxqxnb. As per the classroom ideas, discuss anger with your child. How are they feeling today?
- Make an emotions wheel, similar to the example below. Add faces for happy, upset, angry, OK and excited.
- Use the wheel at home or stick into the Home Learning book. Ask you child to look at the wheel each day and record a mark next to how they are feeling.