Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- If your child is not a confident sound spotter, encourage your child to sit for the word time and spelling lessons of both Set 1 & Set 2. (Most children should now be confident with Set 1 and will only require recapping Set 2 Sounds.)
- With a pen and paper at the ready, ask your child to join in and write the words. They will then tick each sound and see if they are right.
- Phonics Bloom: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/flash-cards?phase=3
- Choose option 6.
- Say the sounds, let your adult select correct 'yes' or 'no' to move the pirate ship.
- Have a second go. Can you beat your score?
- Challenge: https://www.phonicsbloom.com/uk/game/tricky-trucks?phase=3
- Choose the Phase 3 option and then choose tricky words from the options.
- What is your best score?
This week, we will be recapping the formation of our One Armed Robot letters.
This can be written into the Home Learning books, or alternatively, a print out of the letters (pages 9 to 12) can be found here: https://primarysite-prod-sorted.s3.amazonaws.com/wellow-primary-school/UploadedDocument/71ecb3a914624f4f8f39f15c80089a71/handwriting.pdf
Today we will be concentrating on letters n and h. Can you form them correctly? Can you write out the words? Remember your ascenders and descenders. Where does your letter sit on the line? Where do you start your letter?
This week will be exploring patterns, making simple patterns to start with and then moving onto more complex ones toward the end of the week.
- Talk about the following picture with your child. Can they see the pattern? What comes next?
- Ask your child whether you can add something to the start? Why? What would you add?
- Can you make your own repeating pattern with some toys or blocks? Maybe even cutlery like mine? Have a go. Record you pattern in your Home Learning book or ask your adult to take a phot for Tapestry!
Spellings - Red Words
We have looked at all of our Red Words and have written some brilliant sentences.
- Last week, I asked you to make your own set of red words and today, I would like you to use them to read through, playing a game. How many can you read in 30 seconds? How many do you think you can read in a minute?
- What was you favourite word today? Can you write a sentence for that word?
Taken from the Oak National Academy Online Classroom:
In this lesson, we will look at how germs are spread and measures that can be taken to prevent this. The children will learn the importance of effective hand washing and other measures that prevent the transfer of germs.