From the 20th April, new Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
This week, we will be recapping our learning of Counting to 6,7 and 8.
- Watch the following episode of Numberblocks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mvnXhlYkzQ Talk to your child about the episode. What did they see? How was 8 made? Can you think of more ways to make eight? Use your part whole model to help.
- Ask your child the following; Eight is one more than..... , One less than eight is....
- Have a 'eight' hunt, send your child off to collect eight thing i.e. Lego bricks, cars or Barbie's. You may have already hidden some for them to find. Allow them to demonstrate their knowledge of eight, they may either line the items up and touch/count each one, some may group them. Can they find the double (4+4)?
- Complete the following. Use 'real' objects to help i.e. blocks, pasta or toys. Write the number sentences / part whole models for your child and use the counting frames and part whole models in your Home packs.
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: they
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you. Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. They had a picnic. Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
- Use old clean socks and dried pules to make a "Socktonaut"
- Colour and label a butterfly to celebrate the release of our class butterflies. Labels may include colours used, wings, antenna and the body. Why not give your butterfly a name?
School Games Personal Challenge
- Pri.Schs - Get involved - Info.pdf
- Pri.Schs - How to Record Your Scores.pdf
- Week 4 - Primary Challenge.pdf
For detailed information, tutorials and more use this link: