Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
I would recommend watching from the Set 1 Word Time. Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
This weeks focus is numeral formation and accurate counting.
- Practise forming numerals 7, 8, 9 correctly.
- Can you write each number ten times? Which one have you formed the best? Put a circle round that number.
- Counting in 2s - Use the same 100 square that we used on Monday. https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/paint-the-squares
-Encourage your child to 'whisper' and 'shout' the numbers as they count along i.e. whisper1, shout 2, whisper 3, shout 4. On the numbers they shout, colour in the square. Once they have reached 100, ask them to look at the 100 square and talk about the patterns they can see.
-Can they count to 100 again, but this time only in 2s saying the numbers they have coloured in?
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: said
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you. Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. My mum said no. Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
Where is Elmer?
Can you draw a picture of Elmer at this very famous world landmark? Can you add your own labels to the picture?
School Games Personal Challenge
- Pri.Schs - Get involved - Info.pdf
- Pri.Schs - How to Record Your Scores.pdf
- Wk 5 Primary Physical Activity Challenges.pdf
For detailed information, tutorials and more use this link: