Ruth Miskin (Read Write Inc) Phonics lessons will be released each day online. At the following times;
Speed Sounds Set 1 - from 9:30am
- 9.30am Speed Sounds, 9.45am Word Time & 10am Spelling
Speed Sounds Set 2 - from 10:00am
- 10am Speed Sounds & Word Time & 10.15am Spelling
Each film will be available for 24 hours via the Ruth Miskin Facebook page and on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo7fbLgY2oA_cFCIg9GdxtQ
- I would recommend watching from the Set 1 Word Time. Encourage your child to write a list of words they have heard during today's lesson i.e. may, play. If your child is confident, allow them to attempt this on their own, or help by writing the words for them to copy. Are they able to write any of these words into a sentence i.e. "I would like to play Lego."?
- Try to complete an Animal Mosaic. Use the following link and try the mosaic for ch,sh,th & ng. Which animal did you make? https://primarysite-prod-sorted.s3.amazonaws.com/wellow-primary-school/UploadedDocument/436672d45dd04dd9b1652efa74d34107/t-l-52313-phase-3-phonics-animal-mosaics-activity-pack_ver_2.pdf
This week we will be recapping Counting to 9 and 10.
- Look at the following picture:
- Which do not show 9? Record you answers in your Home Learning book.
- On two pieces of A4 paper, draw the number 9 on one and 10 on the other. Now make different representations of each number using either pictures or things from around the house i.e. draw 9 flowers, find 10 pegs. How many different representations can you make?
Spellings - Red Words
Todays focus is: some
As we do in school, show and say the word to your child, then ask them to recall it to you.
- Write the word three time. Can you circle your best one?
- Encourage your child to use this word within their own sentence i.e. I will try some grapes.
- Ask your child to write their sentence into their Home Learning book. Can they write more than one?
- Healthy Living clip https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/z2pxpv4
- Can you write a list of healthy foods and a list of treats. Try to write five things under each heading and think about why they are healthy or a treat. Maybe you could draw a picture of them too.