Congratulations to all our chess tournament participants.
DT - excellent sewing of our felt Christmas decorations!
Welcome to Year 6
What a great start to the term! We have solved lots of different place value problems, begun to appreciate the natural world through poetry, studied maps and atlases and created our own map of the Isle of Wight as well as quickly getting to grips with all of our new routines!
Please check this Blog regularly to see photos, work and information about our excellent learning as the year goes on.
Please find below the links for:
Children’s logins for these can be found at the back of their Reading Diaries
Here is a list of further websites to support practise and learning at home:
Home learning websites and resources
- https://www.doorwayonline.org.uk/ - interactive activities covering a whole range of subjects and year groups
- https://www.topmarks.co.uk/ - huge treasure trove of activities that cover a whole range of subjects. Also holds links to games etc that are hosted by other sites.
- http://www.pobble365.com/ - a new picture is shared each day to provoke discussion, debate or writing ideas.
- https://www.twinkl.co.uk/ - a huge range of different subjects and focuses, arguably the best host of any resource you could need. Have offered a free account in the result of school closures.
- https://www.weareteachers.com/free-online-learning-resources/ - lots of specific links to different sites that offer free resources or learning platforms.
- https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize - huge range of different resources and information broken down into Key Stages and year groups.
- https://tpet.co.uk/ - free online resource packs.
- https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html – free online home workbooks
- https://www.learningladders.info – online resources
- https://2simple.com/ - EYFS/KS1 range of resources
- https://spellingframe.co.uk/ - spelling activities with specialist resources for each year group.
- https://subscribe.firstnews.co.uk/free-downloadable-issue/ - free online digital download of a specialist children’s newspaper.
- https://lindsaylittleson.co.uk/home/resources/ - free resources linked to the books of Lindsay Littleson including The Titanic Detective Agency and Guardians of the Wild Unicorns.
- http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/ - vast online store of animated comic strips tracking legends and myths from across the world.
- https://thereadingrealm.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/The-Nature-and-Animal-Realm-1.pdf - downloadable reading activity pack.
- https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/ - free online books – brilliant if you can’t get to the library
- https://www.getepic.com – digital library for children up to 12
- https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html - a large range of free videos and short films that are then supported by questions and tasks underneath
- https://www.oliverjeffers.com/ - author will be reading a book every weekday at 6pm
- – newspacks for children
- https://pobble.com – writing resources
- https://www.nessy.com – structured literacy resources
- https://www.storynory.com - stories to listen to
- https://parallel.org.uk/ - free online maths problems, more focussed at older children.
- https://mathsticks.com/my/ - online resources and print offs with specifically broken down key stage focuses.
- https://masterthecurriculum.co.uk/ - free online range of activities broken down into year groups and levels including Greater Depth
- https://www.mathshed.com – useful rang of maths resources for KS1 & 2
- https://www.numbots.com – addition and subtraction activities
- - very useful suite of arithmetic and problem solving resources
- http://www.iseemaths.com/home-lessons/ - information, resources and links for daily home maths lessons hosted by Gareth Metcalfe.
- https://www.childrensuniversity.manchester.ac.uk/learning-activities/science/ - lots of science subject areas covered with resources specifically designed for primary age children. (Other subjects are also available on this site).
- https://groweatgift.com/2017/06/14/30-ways-to-go-wild-with-science/ - lots of different and fun science activities you can do in the house or garden
- https://www.gonoodle.com/ - lots of online videos that help keep children active inside and also teach mindfulness and medidation
- https://www.typingclub.com/ - online programme for teaching and developing touch typing
- https://groweatgift.com/2017/06/12/30-ways-to-get-creative-for-30-days-wild/ - different activity ideas that involve creating or engaging with different things in your house or garden.
- https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv - Monday - Friday 9am - a 30 minute P.E. lesson with Joe Wicks