Vision and Values
Just as the school logo depicts the famous lamp of Florence Nightingale, whose family founded Wellow School, our vision for education echoes her lifetime’s work;
‘Lighting the Pathway to Lifelong Learning’
Our School Values
Our vision is to nurture ambitious, confident, caring and respectful young citizens who take an active role in their communities who believe that they have a voice and responsibility to shape their world.
– taking an interest in the world around them, asking questions, listening to the views of others and living comfortably with difference.
– the development of skills and confidence to create new opportunities and ideas; thinking deeply and creatively.
– working hard at being the best they can be in all aspects of their lives, recognising that mistakes are opportunities to be stronger and struggle is a great way to build confidence.
Our School rules
- I am polite and show good manners to everyone around me
- I walk quietly and carefully around our school
- I take care of our school environment
- I follow adult instructions first time
REACH for success is a phrase which is understood by all staff and pupils. It is our shared key words that describe the learners we want to nurture at Wellow:
Resilient, Enthusiastic, Adaptable, Creative and Helpful.
Our children will tell you about our REACH animals and their special characteristics.